Position: Coffee Shop Assistant
Closing Date for Applications: November 30, 2018
To Apply: Email your cover letter, resume and relevant certificates to email@example.com; in the Subject line write your First & Last Name: Job Posting: Coffee Shop Assistant.
The successful applicant(s) will be providing food service including preparation of the ingredients, making soup and other food items. Duties will include serving customers along with processing sales using the cash register and provide complete clean up.
Salary range per hour $14.00 to $19.25 plus benefits.
The Coffee Shop Assistant reports to the Coffee Shop Manager or Acting Supervisor.
Under the direction of the Coffee Shop Manager:
- Prepares the food ready to serve at the appointed time
- Provides food service
- Provides clean up and ensures that clean-up has been completed by the end of the shift
- Provides coffee shop assistance as needed (may include baking and other duties)
- Uses cash register to process Coffee Shop sales
- Assists with training volunteers to help with soup preparation, service duties and clean up
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Minimum 1 year of food prep and some food service experience in the food industry, such as a restaurant or caterer, required.
- Current Foodsafe Level 1 Certification (or willing to certify)
- Basic First Aid an asset
- Some cultural awareness of the Mennonite Community
- Good verbal and written communication skills, can follow verbal instructions, takes direction
- Some knowledge of kitchen equipment (such as a food processor) and procedures
- Proficient in time management skills and an ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Able to work with a team to maintain a positive, efficient and synergistic work environment with both paid staff and volunteers
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Hygienic; good infection control practices and excellent personal hygiene
- Willing and able to take direction
- Honest and trustworthy
- Dependable and punctual
- Respectful and sensitive of all cultures and abilities/challenges
- Flexible and able to handle change
- Demonstrates sound work ethics
Calendar and Hours of work:
- Part Time, Variable
- Monday to Friday, approximately 5 hours per day, 9:00am to 2:00pm
- Possible evening and weekend events hours, extended open hours
- Possible job share
Summer Student: The Mennonite Heritage Museum, Abbotsford, BC
The Mennonite Heritage Museum may look to hire a summer student to assist with various Museum activities,
including Receptionist, Gallery Attendant and Office activities, for Summer 2019.
If you are interested in working with us, please check back in May 2019- here, or visit Young Canada Works for
possible postings from us.